Google

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Holiday plans sorted

So finally booked a holiday. Myself and the girlfriend are heading off to Cape Town in November for our yearly break. She's getting it as a birthday present so she's pretty ok with it. Though our initial destination was Morrocco, I found out as a Malaysian citizen, I needed a visa for Morrocco. Where as the girlfriend doesn't need it as she's Irish. The irony is I know more Irish folks working abroad illegally than I do Malaysians. Anyways, it takes at least 4 weeks to get the visa approved. As there's no gurantee that I will get the visa and it would be too late to book another holiday if the visa wasn't approved, I decided to go for the safer option. While the both of us have been to South Africa, although not together, I'd say it'd be a nice experience to go back again. I remember how cheap and good the food was over there. I had some good and lots of crazy experience when I was there 7 years ago. I suspect the trip this time round will be more sedated and I suspect age will have a lot to do with it.

Now for something less cheerful. Only recently, one of the nursing staff in the Emergency Department I worked with found out that she had breast cancer and that it has spread to her lower spine. While we are used to seeing patients coming in with first time diagnoses of cancer, it is always shocking when it happens to be one of your own. She only found out about it when she started getting back pains. So she had missed it in her breast as the primary and she only had a mammogram the year before! There's no cure and she's got at most, a couple of years to live and her children are only very young! So girlies, and this statement is not made lightly, fondle your breasts regularly. If you can't be arsed to do that, I am sure your partner would appreciate the oppurtunity to assist you. It could really be a difference between life and death.
Good night!

No comments:

Google